Structured Wiring / Home Wiring FAQ
What is Structured Wiring
Structured Wiring is a whole house wiring system for communications, entertainment, security and control that works with the systems already in the home, anticipates technological advances and lays the groundwork for future home technology and smart home enhancements.
Components of a Home Structured Wiring System
- The Distribution Panel Usually located in one of the closets or the attic of your home, the distribution panel does two things: 1) terminates all of the service provider services: telephone, DSL, Cable TV, Cable Modem, Security to this central location within the house and 2) Distributes those signals to locations throughout the house. Audio/Video/Security Camera sources from within your home can also be delivered to this central location for distribution throughout the house. Various active/passive modular units installed within the distibution panel allow for the distribution of the signal to locations throughout the house. Control devices in the distribution panels also allow home automation capabilities. An electrical power source in the distribution panel provides power to various powered devices installed in the panel.
- High-performance Cabling Using Cat5e/Cat6/RG6 cables that can deliver performance you need today and in the future, cable runs(also called home runs) are installed from the distribtion panel to each location in the house where the signal is to distributed. Home runs are also installed to signal sources eg. Security camera, motion detectors, audio/video sources. Whether you are pre-wiring your new home, remodel wiring or a working on a do it yourself project, we have the right cables for your application.
- Multi-Media Outlets Convenient plug and play points throughout the house provide the multi-media outlets for telephone, digital audio, high-speed internet, cable TV, DBS, HDTV, security camera. Home wiring done using structured wiring principles and terminated via multi-media outlets in every room provide the infrastructure necessary to deploying current and future home technology
Advantages of Structured Wiring
- Your home future-ready Imagine storing your entire music collection on a home computer and accessing it anywhere in your home. Imagine hanging a Flat-screen TV almost anywhere in the house. Imagine being able to see your child in his/her crib from a computer at work. Technology moves fast and provides solutions in ways that were previously unthinkable or impossible. Although it is very very hard to completely future-proof your home, a wired home gets you future-ready.
- Convenience, Comfort & Security By distributing the cable-tv, internet, telephone, audio signals throughout the house, you can conveniently access the subscription based services where you need it, and block it for parental control. With a structured wiring solution in place, you can add home automation technology easily, allowing you to control various appliances from any where in the home and remotely via the Internet.
- Investing in your home A proper structured wiring installation increases the value of your home by 1 to 2%. A wired home is also easier to sell to prospective buyers.